Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the money roll in ;)

I've sent my first official requests for donations.  I have to tell you this feels so awkward to me. I never really participated in most of the school fund raising efforts, selling magazines for schools trips, etc. as a kid.  With one exception--I was required to go along with an effort for the marching band in high school.  I think it was called Tag Day(??).  On the hottest day of the year , we all had to get dressed up in our marching uniforms, and go around the neighborhoods of Robinson Secondary School in Fairfax Virginia, and go door to door begging for money.  Wool uniforms in August--torture!  It was truly one of the most humiliating experiences I've ever had to do.

My only justification, is that I am connected to this cause.  I know these people--they are good friends of mine.  And I just can't say enough about what they've gone through and the heartbreak of losing their daughter.  This is my way of contributing.

No comments:

Post a Comment