Monday, March 15, 2010

Still Training

Wow has it really been a month since my last post?

Well, even though my blogging has been lagging, my training has not.  While I still have not been good about sticking to my actual plan, I am basically getting in 2 swims, 2 runs and 2 rides in each week.  In fact, last week I had a 2 hour run--which means I haven't really lost much from my Half Marathon training.  And his past weekend I got an 18 mile ride--on my mountain bike no less--which is my longest ride in a very long time.

The side story there is that my road bike needs some work.  While on a different ride, the shifters basically went out--leaving me with a 1 speed while going up hill.  I was going to get a tune up anyway, but now I have to replace the shifters as well.  For now, I'm on the knobby tires--road bike is due back next week.  Oh yeah--spinning is about as boring as it gets--WAY more boring that running on a treadmill.  Now that the weather has finally dried up, and daylight savings is here--I should be able to get outside more for both.

I'm also almost within one month of the race, which means I need to rent my wet suit and start getting in the cold cold water.  Another side story here--it turns out being in the water lot, causes dry skin.  At first I had no idea what it was, then I thought it was the chlorine, but no--it really is just the time in water.  So I've had to buy some fancy soaps and lotions to counteract the water.

The most exiting development--is that the jerseys came in.  They look awesome!  A little on the small size though.  I'll just have to drop a few more pounds.

Time to get back on the fund-raising bandwagon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment